I treat a lot of sporting dogs throughout my working week – agility dogs, canix dogs, gun dogs, and those competing at intense sports such as mondio ring. Whilst some of these dogs may be carrying new or old injuries, massage is a also a great way of :
- Having your dog fully checked over for soft tissue issues
- Maintaining suppleness and flexibility of muscles
- Improving range of movement, resulting in improved reach and drive
- Relieving delayed onset muscle soreness after intense exercise/competition
- Psychologically, allowing your dog to switch off, relax, rest and repair any damaged tissue
Your dog doesn’t need to be injured to benefit from massage. Please give me a ring to find out if massage would help your dog to perform better at your chosen sport.